Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day Trip.











































This past weekend we decided to escape the 100 degree heat (minus the awesome thunderstorms becuase our monsoon season was cut disapointingly short) and head up to Flagstaff to visit my parents. It was a very nice 80 degrees up there, so it was really like our fall. Sad, right? By the way, the first picture of those wildflowers is in their back yard. They have a really amazing property, and in the summer it's absolutely gorgeous. Anyway, they have a ski resort up in Flag, and in the summer they offer rides to the top via ski lift. It ended up being a 30 minute climb to 11,500 feet and a 30 minute descent. I had no idea it would take so long but it was a really beautiful, peaceful ride. I can't even tell you how nice it was to get out of the desert and lay eyes on some beautiful GREEN vegetation! So gorgeous.

When we got back to my parents' my mom made us all pick veggies from her garden for dinner that night which was actually really cool. She's a garden prodigy, which runs in the family. Sadly it skipped me becuase I end up killing every plant I've owned. Anyway, the corn she grew was seriously FANTASTIC. I almost wanted to plant my own garden and try for beautiful ears of golden corn, but sadly, I know better.
Looking at these pictures I'm realizing our tans are fading. Darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment