Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's St. Patick's Day!

This disgusting green mush is actually rice crispies cereal. Usually I try to do something fun and cool for St. Patty's Day, like bake green cookies with the kids, or frost cupcakes bright green or something festive. Well, yesterday was food shopping day (Monday) and I COMPLETELY forgot today was the 17th. Jared came up with the idea of coloring his breakfast. Jade wanted pink in hers; I guess she didn't quite get the point! Luckily I have green cupcakes left over from Jared's birthday party two days ago, which I'll post pics of either later today or tomorrow. So, don't forget to wear green today and enjoy your corned beef and cabbage!

1 comment:

  1. I knew the day just was lazy and didn't plan a menu like I normally do. We ended up with green mashed potatoes and green butter. The kids thought it was cool and that is what matters.

    ReplyDelete