Thursday, April 15, 2010

I love the desert.










There's been a lot going on around here.


First, I broke my tail bone 4 weeks ago, and that's completely thrown me off my work-out regimen. No more cycle class, no crunches, no squats, lunges, nothing. I can't tell you how bummed I was about that. I've been sitting on a blow up donut for the past 4 weeks, and I'm embarrassed to say that poor thing never stood a chance. The power of my bottom did the poor inflatable butt pad in. Sadly, it now deflates within minutes of inflating it, despite Doug's efforts (twice) to seal it with crazy glue. Luckily, since it's been 4 weeks, I'm so much better and can handle sitting in my computer chair unaided. Good thing, because I really didn't want to spend another 14 bucks on a piece of plastic my butt will destroy anyway. Doug never ceases to be amazed by the power of my booty.


So, I'm very slowly getting into the swing of things, workout wise. I went to the gym 3 days ago and did some work on the elliptical. That was really hard for me because I absolutely DETEST machines. I'd much rather get my butt kicked in a class where everyone else is dying too. I seem to push myself harder when there's pressure. I just end up getting so bored when I rely on myself. There's only so much wall space you can look at on an elliptical, know what I mean? So, it shouldn't surprise you that I only lasted about 15 minutes.


This morning I decided I needed to really get my butt in gear, and if I couldn't cycle, I'd walk. It's such a beautiful time to live here, and the desert is blooming such beautiful flowers. I saw bunnies, lizards, quail, and a ton of other birds. I had no idea our lake also stocked turtles. So cute to see them sunbathe in the morning! You'd all see them too, if my camera didn't crap out. I brought it along this morning to take pictures of my lovely walk - I really wanted to capture our cactus flowers, and for some reason it simply will NOT take pictures. So I decided to cheat, and because I care about all of you, I stole these pictures off the internet.

4 comments:

  1. I hate the elliptical also, although not for the same reasons. hahahaha. I'm glad you are starting to feel better and getting back to the gym. (and blogging!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baaaack!!!!! So happy you are blogging again. You forgot to mention how your little tush got broken. I am glad you are doing better and that you can start going to the gym again. I wish I were around to go with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There you go making me homesick again. I love the desert.
    Sorry about your tail.

    ReplyDelete